This Policy applies to all of our Services, regardless of how you use them, and whether or not you register for an Art Please account. This Policy only applies to how we collect, store, share, and use information. This Policy does not apply to any entity that we do not own or control, or to any person that we do not employ or manage. If at any time during the course of using our Services, you are directed to a third-party site, you understand and agree that the policies of the third-party site govern.
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE PROCESS
Information You Provide: We may collect the information that you provide or otherwise make available to us when you access or use our Services, including when you:
- fill in any forms on our Services, such as when you register for an Art Please account or update your account or User profile information;
- link your Art Please account to your account on another social media service (including when you sign up for our Services or sign into our Services through another social media service), in which case we may obtain your username on that service and other information you make publicly available through that service, which may vary depending on your settings on that service;
- or communicate with us;
- additionally, to comply with regulations in the United States and abroad, we might be obliged to identify you if you acquire or sell artwork from us. We might ask you for a copy of a valid identification document with a photo to confirm your identity. We will only use your personal data to comply with legal and regulatory obligations. This information might be stored with us up to 5 years and we will take all reasonable steps necessary to ensure your data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy notice.
Information Collected Automatically: The website of the Art Please collects a series of general data and information when you or an automated system calls up the website. This general data and information are stored in the server log files. Collected may be (1) the browser types and versions used, (2) the operating system used by the accessing system, (3) the website from which an accessing system reaches our website (so-called referrers), (4) the sub-websites, (5) the date and time of access to the Internet site, (6) an Internet protocol address (IP address), (7) the Internet service provider of the accessing system, and (8) any other similar data and information that may be used in the event of attacks on our information technology systems. When using these general data and information, the Art Please does not draw any conclusions about you. Rather, this information is needed to (1) deliver the content of our website correctly, (2) optimize the content of our website as well as its advertisement, (3) ensure the long-term viability of our information technology systems and website technology, and (4) provide law enforcement authorities with the information necessary for criminal prosecution in case of a cyber-attack. Therefore, the Art Please analyzes anonymously collected data and information statistically, with the aim of increasing the data protection and data security of our enterprise, and to ensure an optimal level of protection for the personal data we process. The anonymous data of the server log files are stored separately from all personal data provided by a website visitor.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND WHY
The information we collect helps us to operate, improve, protect, and customize our Services, and to develop new Services. The information we collect also helps us to provide customer support and make our Services more efficient for you and other Users. For the sake of transparency, it is our responsibility to outline for you the legitimate business purposes for the collection of information, and the reasons why we do so, in order for you to make an informed decision regarding the use of our Services. In addition to the other uses of information described in this Policy, we may use all of the information that we obtain from or about you for the following purposes and reasons:
- to provide our Services to you, including new Services we develop later (reason: legitimate business purpose and performance of a contract);
- to provide you with customer support (reason: legitimate business purpose);
- to facilitate your communications or transactions with us (reason: to receive consent, and for legitimate business purpose);
- to operate, improve, and customize our Services, Content, and marketing, to develop new Services, and to understand how you use and interact with our Services and Content, and the products, services, and Content of others (reason: legitimate business purpose);
- to develop and display more customized Content and ads to you on or off our Services (reason: to receive consent, and for legitimate business purpose);
- to promote and maintain a trusted, safer, and more reliable environment on our Services, for example, to help detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, conduct investigations or risk assessments, or verify actions taken by you or associated with your account (reason: to protect the public interest and for legitimate business purpose);
- to contact you (by email, postal mail, telephone, mobile devices, SMS text message, or as otherwise authorized by you) in order to address issues with your account or use of our Services, collect fees, send you updates about our Services or policies, or for other purposes permitted by law (reason: performance of a contract and for legitimate business purpose);
- to contact you (by email, mobile devices or as otherwise authorized by you) in order to send you marketing communications, promotional messages, and offers about our Services and Content, and the products, services; (reason: to receive consent, and for the legitimate business purpose).
ACCOUNTS AND USER PROFILES
Registration, Access, and Records To register for an Art Please account, you will need to provide your full name and a valid email address. If you have received our permission to use our Services as a business, you may need to complete an additional registration process and provide additional information. If you have an Art Please account, you may access, add, remove or update certain information about you in your profile and account settings, as indicated on our Services. It is your responsibility to update all such information as necessary to keep it accurate and current. When you update your account or profile information, we may keep a record of the unrevised information for purposes consistent with this Policy. If you wish to cancel your account, you may do so by using the tools provided in your profile and account settings, subject to any other agreements between you and us. If you terminate your account, we may keep a record of any or all information associated with you or your account, as required or permitted by law, for purposes consistent with this Policy; specific account data that includes Personal Information including your name, e-mail, contact information, and certain other records such as settings and collector profiles will be removed at such termination. For further information, please contact us at email@example.com.
Data Retention. We will keep and use your data as described in this Policy for (1) as long as your account is in use, is open, or is active; (2) as long as is necessary to comply with any tax, legal, and/or other regulatory requirements; and (3) to protect and defend against potential legal claims. If you would like to request the deletion of your personally identifiable information or request that it be returned to you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. By deleting your data from our Site, you understand that you will no longer be able to use our Services. We will retain your anonymized, aggregated, depersonalized data after it has been deleted from our Site.
CONTACT POSSIBILITY VIA THE WEBSITE
The website of the Art Please contains information that enables a quick electronic contact to our enterprise, as well as direct communication with us, which also includes a general address of the so-called electronic mail (e-mail address). If a user contacts the Art Please by e-mail or via a contact form, the personal data transmitted by the user are automatically stored. Such personal data transmitted on a voluntary basis by a user to us are stored for the purpose of processing or contacting the user. There is no transfer of this personal data to third parties.
SUBSCRIPTION TO OUR NEWSLETTER
THIRD-PARTY ANALYTICS, SERVICE, AND AD PROVIDERS
Some jurisdictions have laws that give people the right to access or correct their Personal Information which a company has about them. We will honor any statutory right you may have to access or correct your Personal Information that we have in our records, and you can email such requests to email@example.com. If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
CONTACTING ART PLEASE